[BadVista Advocate] Xandros

rek2 GNU/Linux LO LO LO rek2 at binaryfreedom.info
Thu Jun 7 10:43:10 EDT 2007

Jacob Maynard wrote:
> Right, but we're talking about 8 months since Novell turned coat. In 8
> months, can all of the free developers (I refrain from saying open-source
> because of the separate ideals, though open-source could join in) get
> together and enhance the capabilities of a truly free system to the point
> that there is no need for proprietary anything and is not uncomfortable to
> switch to from Windows systems? I have no doubts that it COULD happen, I
> just don't think that it WILL happen. Given time and a clear objective,
> plus a worldwide collaboration, a system could be made to fit these
> guidelines. But we have to be realistic about it.
>
> So, if another company does this in another 8 months, we're in even bigger
> trouble. Our timeline gets shortened to develop a distribution that will
> encourage the general populace to turn from Windows. And we have to have
> that to keep GNU/Linux free and accomplish our objectives.
>
> Jacob

in my own opinion, we already have the systems one of them is gNewSense
what we *do* need is for people
to develop and reverse engineer the drivers and groups of activist
throwing a lot of pressure to company's, and when I say pressure
I am not talking about sending them emails, I'm talking about real
activism, in front of their buildings and such, this has worked well for
other movements.

Chris F.

--
FSF member #697