Vous êtes ici : Accueil Comments
Actions sur le document

Comments

Aller au niveau supérieur
Re:Windows' Genuine Disadvantage by digi — Dernière modification 27/03/2008 14:16
Ugh... I hate Vista. All I've heard are bad things from it. It's making Windows more like Macs by making everything "user friendly" and simple. You can't do anything with it except basic functions made for idiots who don't know how to use a mildly complicated computer and in the end it just makes everything harder to use.
Re:Windows Vista Incapable by riger99 — Dernière modification 27/03/2008 14:15
The issue is not really surprising. Think of it this way. The huge scope of the issue requires a radical thought and process change for existing proprietary software vendors and producers to survive. Perhaps that is difficult to do when you're a large behemoth? Therefore, tactics to retain dominance are ported over to the vendor level. A perfect tactic of such "practices" is seen in this article: http://ubuntulinuxhelp.com/windows-tax-i-dont-think-so/
Re:BadVista.org: Time to jump by homan — Dernière modification 27/03/2008 14:14
I think my computers problems all some how are because of vista.I want to put xp on my computer but not sure if it can be done. It is sad my computer is 7 months old and i already have problems that are driving me crazy.
Re:Vista SP1 Preview by tl — Dernière modification 18/03/2008 10:57
Since working with vista, my down time has been exceptional. I first bought ME to find I had to buy xp, now vista64 to find out I may have to buy xp again. Money and many frustrating hours multiplied by a percenatge of the population. What class action lawsuits are available to the normal customer, and is any willing to sign on.
Re:Vista SP1 Preview by daan — Dernière modification 12/03/2008 12:11
Hi!

Why are you so angry? If you don't like Microsoft and/or Windows and/or Vista, then just ignore the existence. Why isn't that sufficient? If I don't like Sony, because it doesn't play every DVD, then I just buy a Pioneer that does. Why would I make such a fuss about Sony? I read on this site that any linux distro can do everything you'd ever want with a computer. For me, that sounds easy: move to Linux and never think about Windows again. But it isn't that easy, because you guys are really angry. Vista, nor Windows, nor Microsoft have so much power that they force a mayor role in your lives, or can they? And if they can, can you tell me then how they have achieved that and why you guys (or any other person for that matter) can't break loose?

The war against MS has my attention for years now, and I still don't understand the hatred against MS. If I don't like Heineken beer, then I just buy another brand. Everyone agrees. But if I don't like MS, then I use an alternative and never stop complaining about MS. That's the part I don't understand.

Greetings,

Daan
The Netherlands
Re:5 ways to help the BadVista.org campaign by bryansee — Dernière modification 12/03/2008 11:57
Here are the links that suggested so that you can aggregate them:
Vista SP1 Update Locks Out Some Users
Alan Wake Is Vista Exclusive...On PC, That Is
Remedy Interview - Part 3: "The Power Behind Wake"
Microsoft slashes Windows Vista retail price in surprise move
Microsoft Announces Spectacular Windows Vista Title Lineup
Alan Wake Is Vista Exclusive...On PC, That Is by bryansee — Dernière modification 10/03/2008 17:20
Yes, Alan Wake, Remedy's upcoming thriller, will not be exclusive to PCs, just exclusively on Windows Vista for PCs, meaning that anyone running XP or below will not be able to play it.
Re:Windows' Genuine Disadvantage by bryansee — Dernière modification 10/03/2008 17:19
"DRM" you said in this post refers to the Protected Media Path (PMP) which contains Protected Video Path. It tries to restrict copying of DRM-protected content (but not user's standard unprotected media). Also, the Trusted Computing feature which originally be slated to be included in Windows Vista, the Next Generation Secure Computing Base (NGSCB), which restricts users what they can do with their software, is removed. This is the sign of users wanting software freedom. If we take these removal of NGSCB as well as the "kill switch" in Vista as their lessons, we want more pressure, and the only thing that will work in the end is for Microsoft to release their software under a license that respects the freedom and privacy of computer users.
à propos de ce blog
The BadVista campaign, started in December 2006, advocated for the freedom of computer users, opposing adoption of Microsoft Windows Vista and promoting free (as in freedom) software alternatives. It declared victory in January 2009, with supporters moving on to do the same work against Windows 7.

You can support the campaign by joining the FSF.

Support the FSF
Se connecter
Nouvel utilisateur ?

Mot de passe oublié ?
Vista News Watch
something went wrong 19/09/2012
500 Internal Server Error 25/09/2009
Why I'm Skipping Windows Vista: IT Speaks Out - PC World 06/11/2008
HP, Microsoft lie to boost sales-numbers for Vista 13/08/2008
Neowin.net - Vista's Security Rendered Completely Useless by New Exploit 08/08/2008